Skip to main content

The Ultimate Loona Theory (Part 4: Teaser Analysis)

Hey there, welcome to part 4 of The Ultimate Loona Theory. You are all so incredibly supportive that it brings literal and actual tears to my eyes. Seriously though, y’all are great. Thanks for being so wonderful about this multi-part, too long to be reasonable, theory.

The first three parts can be found here, here, and here.

This part of the theory will analyze the teasers. The ‘Up&Line’ Cinema Theory teaser inspired me, and after talking to others, I realized that I should look at the teasers as well.

Let’s begin!


Firstly, there are some teasers that are literally just that: teasers for the video. These do not add anything extra to story. Predictably, this includes most of the teasers. I’ll just link them here.

Heejin Seoul Teaser


ViViD Teaser


Heejin Paris


Hyunjin Around You


I’ll Be There


Hyunjin Tokyo


Let Me In


Haseul Iceland


The Carol


Loona London


Yeojin Kiss Later


My Sunday


My Melody
Loona Taiwan


Loona 1/3 New Project


Loona 1/3 ???

Loona 1/3 Valentine Girl


Love&Live TV


New Zealand


Hong Kong


Love&Live


Everyday I Love You


Busan


Everyday I Need You


Love&Evil


Praugue


Eclipse


LCM 1


LCM 2

OEC L.A 

New


One&Only


2018.2.29


There are some teasers that provide us with a little more insight to the story, however.


Singing in The Rain


This one actually stands out to me because of the paint effect that is present. This is not something that we really see happening in the actual music video. I believe that the paint represents a change in her life; OEC has painted over her former life in the real world. We also see Jinsoul become distorted. This represents that everything she knew about herself was wrong and that she is changing.

Odd Eye Circle Reveal


There’s so much in this one, it makes me excited.

To start, we see Jinsoul in Choerry’s room from ‘Love Cherry Motion’. As mentioned in part 3, this has some significance. I’ll recap it for you here. Firstly, it confirms that Kim Lip brought Jinsoul to OEC before Choerry. Secondly, it confirms that Jinsoul agrees with Kim Lip’s actions; she is okay with displacing Choerry for the sake of Kim Lip’s plan, whatever it may be. It also shows that Kim Lip is also able to transport others through the Mobius strip, as Jinsoul is in an alternate version of Choerry’s room. She’s there at the same time as CHoerry, Haseul, and Yeojin, and yet none of them see her.

Next, we see the three OEC girls together and their odd eyes light up in their specific colours. Interestingly, Kim Lip’s and Jinsoul’d odd eye are both on the left side. Choerry’s is on the right. Now, this could symbolize that Choerry is a dimensional foreigner, but Jinsoul is as well, so therefore this cannot be it. My theory is that since Choerry has denied Eden, her powers have manifested differently, causing her odd eye to be different.

It should also be noted that ViVi’s odd eye is also on the left side, making her odd eye powers on par with Kim Lip’s and Jinsoul’s.

Girl Front


So, look at the screen at 00:39. That’s Haseul holding up one of the diamonds from ‘Let Me In’. It’s clearly not one of the OEC girls. She’s not wearing any of the clothes that the girls are wearing during the actual music video. She’s also flashing Choerry in the way Choerry does to her in ‘Love Cherry Motion’.

In the actual ‘Girl Front’ music video, there is a scene where a Choerry duplicate flashes her in the park. However, in this scene in the teaser, it’s a completely different location.

Now, I do not believe that Haseul is actually in OEC, but it does make sense when you consider the connections between ‘Girl Front and ‘Let Me In’. Perhaps this is how Choerry knows to send Haseul the map; they have communicated through the Mobius strip. Their ability to do this could be an effect of Interdimensional Hyunjin being transported to OEC after the effects of ‘Love&Live’. It could also be Kim Lip Testing her powers.

I believe that, most likely, the force that sent ViVi to hell, Hyunjin to OEC, and Heejin to Eden gave Haseul some power to communicate through the Mobius strip. This would make her similar to Kim Lip powers wise, and connects her to Yves as well. The leaders are therefore the ones most likely to travel or communicate through the dimensions to find the girls.

There are actually many more connections between ‘Girl Front’ and ‘Let Me In’ that I will have to discuss in another loose end tying post.

Sweet Crazy Love


This teaser just confirms that Choerry’s odd eye is supposed to be on the right side; it’s not just an aesthetic mistake.

Heart Attack


This teaser features some incredibly creepy laughing. This is actually the first part of proof of the fourth dimension: hell. The laughter is showing that if Chuu continues to pursue Yves, she will forever be denying Eden and will be sent to hell. This is also hinted at with the book Yves is reading: “Aphrodite Means Death”.

Cinema Theory


This is the teaser that made me want to analyze the teasers. It shows each of the 12 girls – yes, 12 – in different situations and away from each other. I’m just going to go one by one.

Heejin
Has a black rabbit instead of a white rabbit.

Black rabbits are a symbol of elusiveness; they are hard to see and therefore hard to catch. This may symbolize what Heejin has become. She is hard to see because she is no longer in the real world. She is hard to catch because she is in Eden. It will be whichever girl comes for her at the end of ‘ViViD’ to catch her.

Black rabbits are also a symbol of cowardice. This could show that Heejin is too scared to leave Eden on her own.

Hyunjin
She is seen holding a cat, showing once more that she is confident about and comfortable with her powers.

Haseul
She is seen in a nest without any leaves. The nest means that she is only a baby and will soon fly away. This indicates that she was previously unready to collect and find the other girls. She will soon fly away to catch them, even if it means crossing dimensions (see her appearance in the ‘Girl Front’ teaser’. The lack of leaves show that she is alone and that her world is barren.

Her being in a nest can also show that she is a mother bird, waiting to collect her children and bring them safely to her nest.

Yeojin
She is seen waking up amongst toys. This means she has now fully opened her eyes to her reality after the events of ‘Kiss Later’. She is no longer disillusioned by what Eden is trying to tempt her with. She is awake and ready to leave.  

ViVi
She is in hell. It is dark, which is a stark contrast to every other environment we have seen her in. There are wires behind her, indicating the fact that she is a robot. The words ‘LOVE AND LIVE’ circle around her, indicating her final point in the timeline.

ViVi being in Hell is interesting to me, and I want to give it more detail than what I was planning on putting here. I will say this though: she has denied Eden twice, once by loving Yves, and another by becoming a robot. She is no longer eligible to enter Eden.

Kim Lip
Is alone in a world of red. This mirrors her existence before the events of ‘Eclipse’. She looks into the camera, as if she knows what’s out there.

JinSoul
She appears under lighting that makes her appear to be under water, which befits a fish.  

Choerry
She disappears behind a mirror, which symbolizes her ability to jump dimensions. Like the mirrors present in ‘Love Cherry Motion’, she is able to exist on either side.

Yves
She stands confidently in dark lighting, to show the fact that she is confident. 

Chuu
She gazes ahead, to show her innocence.

Go Won
She hides behind flowers, to show her fear.  

Olivia Hye
She gazes towards us, covered in shadow, to show that she’s ready for us to know who she is.



Okay that’s it for today! I’m working on part 5 now (but Olivia's stuff will probably come first), so you can expect something in the near future. Don’t expect it too soon though, because I’m super swamped with school. I’m finishing up the final semester of my diploma at the moment (after 6 years of university; I already have a degree! I want to die) and I’m also a student manager. So, yeah, I'm very busy but I hope to keep you all updated as we get new content! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Loona Theory (Part 1 - Music Video Analysis)

So, I’ve gone back and forth on what to do for this Loona theory. Basically, with every new installment in the lore, I have to completely rework what I thought was going on. I’ve got a pretty good idea of some things though, so I’m going to be discussing those. This discussion will have an analysis of every single video on the music video playlist on loonatheworld. If Blockberry Creative said that every single music video is connected, then every single music video has to be discussed. I will also present a proposed timeline of events. Before I start, I should mention that at this point we know that there are at least three distinct worlds in the Loonaverse: the real world, the Odd Eye Circle world (which is highly connected to the real world through a Mobius strip), and Eden. Each girl can be distinctly seen in at least two worlds, and sometimes, either implicitly or explicitly, all three. Okay then, let’s begin. Heejin - ViViD When I first starte

The Ultimate LOONA Theory: yyxy "love4eva"

So I would have had this posted sooner but I am so livid. I am so livid because up until this point everything worked so well together. All the videos fit together in a very obvious way to me. Everything LOONA acted as various puzzle pieces that combined together with no hassle. While I put a lot of effort into my theory, I haven't had to change anything around. I've never had to change my line of thinking. Until now. With LOONA's third sub-unit, yyxy, I've had to rethink many things that I thought true about the Loonaverse, and I hate it. I absolutely HATE being wrong. I have lived my life being more or less right about everything that I have chosen to do. With this theory, I could handle being completely wrong about the entire thing because there's probably going to be no actual confirmation about the correctness about this. But for a tiny thing like this one video, I absolutely hate being wrong. With that being said, let's begin. In a random turn

XX and Butterfly (The Atrociously Late LOONA Theory Post)

Do you ever promise something with absolutely 0 hope of any follow through?  Well, that's been me with ever updating my poor LOONA theory. Its been 10 months since "Butterfly" was released, and I never did a follow up theory on it. Which has been awful for the one person who occasionally contacts me on my twitter asking for me to update. Well, here it is my friend. Sorry to have kept you waiting. Before I begin, I want to give you a little bit of an update of my life as to why this post hasn't happened. I've had all my notes since release, so there's very little room for an excuse, but I'm going to give you an excuse nonetheless. 2019 has been a year of immense change for me in my personal life. I've gone harder on the dating game since I actually have some semblance of order in my life now. I moved out of my parents house. Recently, I've started (or will start) a new job in the legal world. And my nails have never been longer so it