Skip to main content

The Ultimate Loona Theory (Part 3: Current Loose Ends)

Before I begin, I just want to give a huge thank you to all the lovely people who have read the first 2 parts of this theory. The support has been overwhelming, and I haven’t really known how to deal with it. So, once again, thank you.

This is part 3 of my Loona Theory. If you haven’t checked out the first 2 parts, you can find them here and here.

This part is working to tie up some loose ends that have been floating around surrounding my theory, as well as any questions you readers have had. Some of the points that I will be discussing in this part are some that I had always planned on bringing up in this part, others are ones that I never even thought about until you lovely people brought them up.

This is going to be another long one, but you should be used to that by now with me.

That being said, let’s begin.




Role of Girl 12

When Girl 12 finally comes around, I will make a separate post outlining the relevant plot information and the video’s place in the timeline (though it will likely occur after “One&Only” based off of the current pattern). I will likely not do a music review because I have not done that for any other Loona video. The actual music will only be reviewed if it ends up in one of my top 50 lists.

The same applies for the final sub-unit’s music video.


Current Locations of All the Girls

This is where all the girls are at based on their last chronological location. Meaning, where the girls are last seen in the timeline, not their last music video. This will also state where they’ve been throughout the timeline.

Heejin
Only seen in the real world until she is transported to Eden after the events of “Love&Live”

Hyunjin
Only seen in the real world until she is transported to OEC after the events of “Love&Live”

Haseul
Only present in the real world.

Yeojin
Present in the real world until she is transported to Eden after the events of Eclipse”/“Love Cherry Motion”

ViVi
Originally from OEC until the events of “Eclipse” sends her to the real world. Sent to Eden after the events of “Love&Live”

At least, this is what I thought when I originally started this theory. I’m making an entire post for the “Cinema Theory” video which, I believe, has moved ViVi from Eden to Hell. I’ll get into that another time. Point is, she's not in the real world or in OEC. 

Kim Lip
Only present in OEC. Can look through the Mobius strip to the real world. 

JinSoul
Originally from the real world but transported to OEC after the events of “Eclipse”/“Everyday I Need You”

Choerry
Originally from the real world, but transported to OEC after the events of “Eclipse”/“Love Cherry Motion”. Is able to travel to Eden after the events of “Love Cherry Motion”. 

Yves
Originally from Eden, but is able to travel to both the real world and OEC after the events of “New”. Current location unknown. 

Chuu
Originally from the real world, but is able to travel worlds after the events of “Heart Attack”. Current location unknown.

Go Won
Originally from Eden. Current location unknown. 

Yves, Chuu, and Go Won have unknown current locations. This is because we don’t know where they went after the events of “One&Only”.


ViVi’s Text

After I posted the first part, many of you wonderful people told me that the text ViVi receives at the end of “Everyday I Love You” reads “I’ll come again tomorrow”.

For me, this represents two things. Firstly, this could be the last thing Yves said to ViVi after their date in “new”. Whether they actually saw each other again is up for debate, but I don’t think they did.

Secondly, it could represent Yves talking to ViVi through the false memory. Maybe she didn’t show up the next day, but this a message from Yves stating that she’s coming back. This fits in with the recurring theme of Yves wanting to be around others.

No matter the situation, this is a clear message from Yves to ViVi.


Objectives of the Leaders

While Haseul is the leader of the entire group, Yves and Kim Lip also hold leadership roles within their sub-units. What we have seen thus far is that these girls have been gathering the Loona members for their own separate reasons.

Haseul has three separate reasons for gathering the members. First of all, I believe she gathers up the Loona 1/3 members as a way to fill the void of losing Yeojin and Choerry. Secondly, Haseul has proven herself to be aware of how these girls are different. We know from “Let Me In” that she knows exactly where she’s going and what her role is. As well, the way she looks at Chuu at the end of “Heart Attack” implies that she knows who (or what) Chuu is. She’s trying to bring all the girls together because she knows that they’re supposed to be a team, at the very least.

The obvious reason for Haseul gathering the members, however, is the fact that the future of the real world is bleak if all the Loona girls are lost to one another. We know this based on the events of “Let Me In”. She eventually receives the information to finding the other girls in this video after Choerry sends her the map from “Girl Front”.

Yves’ main goal (as far as I can tell) is twofold. First of all, the isolation she seems to have experienced in Eden has caused her to seek out the others, starting with ViVi and Choerry, moving onto Jinsoul in ‘Sweet Crazy Love’, picking up Chuu, starting to harass Kim Lip as well in ‘Girl Front’, and finally making her way to Go Won. She wants to have others around her.

Her other objective is to save the girls from Eden. This may be tied to her isolation, as she doesn’t want these other girls to feel alone.  As she is also shown to have a knowledge of the other girls as being members of Loona, she may also have the knowledge that Haseul has: the world will be bleak if the girls do not unite.

Kim Lip is very ambiguous. I’m not quite sure what her end goal is. She’s not actively trying to find the other girls like Haseul and Yves, but she clearly wanted to bring Choerry and Jinsoul to her as they all share that particular odd eye circle (ViVi’s is clearly different). Her compliance with sending the map to Haseul, however, shows that she knows that the girls must all join together. This may also be why she is seen spying on Hyunjin and Heejin in ‘Around You (Special Version).


Jinsoul and the Cake

A kind reddit user informed me that in the actual teaser for the Odd Eye Circle unit, it is shown that Jinsoul is the one who places the cake (that has a cherry on top) that transports Choerry on the bed in ‘Love Cherry Motion’, not Kim Lip. I had actually not watched many of the teasers, because the ones I saw didn’t have anything new to add to the story. This one is different. This teaser confirms that Jinsoul did arrive in the OEC world before Choerry, and also shows that she was, at the very least, complicit in Kim Lip’s actions.



This also works with the Mobius strip ability of Kim Lip. Jinsoul is seen to be in Choerry’s room at the same time as her, but she is there unnoticed. She’s in a Mobius strip version of the room, which is something Kim Lip has been seen to do.

I will hopefully get a chance to look at all the teasers at some point, just to make sure there isn’t any details like this that I have missed. I may include this with the “Cinema Theory” analysis. I haven’t decided yet.


Cake

Cake is another interesting link between the Loona members. As previously mentioned, Choerry gets transported to the OEC world after eating the cherry on the top of the cake Jinsoul leaves on her bed.

Yeojin also has cake in her music video. Her frog man presents her one that is covered in bugs.

Something that can be learned from the Loona videos is that nothing is a coincidence. So, here’s my theory: Yeojin ate the cake from ‘Love Cherry Motion’. I know I’m not the first person to suggest this, but I’m more convinced about it now then I was before. That would suggest Yeojin warping through dimensions, as the cake would have some of the power. As Choerry denied Eden with the cake, the cake would therefore lead to Eden. This also gives a reason why the cake is so disgusting to Yeojin in ‘Kiss Later’; cake, in the past, has brought her somewhere she does not want to be.


The Girl Running Around OEC

Basically, I’m an idiot and Hyunjin has already been confirmed to not be the girl running around OEC in ‘Girl Front’. I learned that immediately after positing part 1. My bad. Sorry guys.

That leaves me with two options as to who it can be. It could be Yves, who has been seen causing havoc for the OEC girls in the past. Or it could be Girl 12. Yves picked up Chuu from the real world, and Go Won from Eden, so it stands to reason that Girl 12 could be from OEC, just to round it out. From the blurred girl who states she is the last member in a recent Loona TV video, she matches the basic physical description of the girl running around in that she has long dark hair. It’s a stretch, because I don’t think BBC actually knew who Girl 12 was at that time, but still possible.


Is ‘Around You (Special Version)’ Canon?

Yes, I am aware that ‘Around You (Special Version)’ contains footage from the Loona web drama.

I chose to include every video in the official video playlist, which has caused some issues. You get videos like ‘Rain 51db” which honestly make no sense, and ‘The Carol 2.0’ a.k.a the bane of my existence. While I eventually figured out why ‘Rain 51db’ was important, ‘The Carol 2.0’ ultimately has no real bearing on the story. That’s the deal with ‘Around You (Special Version)’; you could take it out of the timeline and it would still be exactly the same. The main thing that this video confirms is that, yes, Heejin and Hyunjin are school friends, which is something that BBC has confirmed as part of the overarching Loona story. The only thing that removing this video would remove is Kim Lip watching 2jin through the Mobius strip.

Heejin in the Rain

Yeah, so there’s no official video for Heejin being in “Singing in the Rain”. Like, there’s footage of her performing the rap for it, but it’s not officially in anything. I don’t know why BBC even filmed it. Since it’s not on the loonatheworld channel, I’ll just state that I don’t think this is canon in any way. Which I’m happy for because if it was it would completely fuck over my entire timeline and I worked way too hard on this to change it all. Not that I’m not willing to if it came down to it, but I just don’t want to.



Is Yves the boy in ‘Everyday I Love You’?

Yes and no.

Yes, because the memory is based off of the date they had in ‘new’. I know some people aren’t sold on that, but in the end, this is my theory and this is what I believe.

No, because ViVi probably believes that this memory did occur, and therefore the boy in this false memory may be based off of Yves, but in her mind he is not Yves.


Choerry’s Mirrors

While I made the connection that Choerry’s mirrors in ‘Love Cherry Motion’ represented the members, and therefore are connected to Haseul’s diamonds in ‘Let Me In’, a reddit user also pointed out that the mirrors are in the exact same places as the stickers on OEC’s map in ‘Girl Front’.

To me this confirms that the mirrors do represent the Loona members, as the stickers are being placed to show the last known locations of the girls. When Haseul receives the map, she is therefore in possession of the knowledge of the girls (the diamonds) and their whereabouts (the map).


The Place of ‘One&Only’ in the Timeline

The more I think about it, the less I’m satisfied with where I’ve placed ‘One&Only’ in the timeline. While it’s fact that it has to occur after ‘Heart Attack’, I’m no longer convinced that it has to take place after the events of ‘Girl Front’.

As previously stated, I’m an idiot, and therefore I neglected to put together the fact that if the OEC girls are placing stickers on a map to show the last known locations of all the girls, then Go Won (and Girl 12) need to have already been active in a place other than Eden. Therefore, ‘One&Only’ should occur in the same part of the timeline where I’ve placed ‘ViViD’ and ‘Kiss Later’, with ‘Girl Front’ following. If this logic is correct, Girl 12’s video will also take place before ‘Girl Front’.

Choerry's powers are a moot point. She has had the ability to travel to Eden since 'Love Cherry Motion'. 


The Trains

A running theme in the music videos is the pesky inclusion of trains. Many videos have trains in the background, have them as a deliberate shot, or as an actual set. In the main set of videos, we see trains in videos associated with the OEC girls, Heejin, Hyunjin, and ViVi. Five of these six girls have something interesting about them. The OEC girls obviously have their odd eye circles, but Kim Lip is also able to appear on the other side of the Mobius strip, and Choerry can jump dimensions. Hyunjin is interdimensional. ViVi also has an odd eye, and is also a robot.

That leaves Heejin. What is special about Heejin? I’m assuming at some point in the next few official videos we’ll figure out exactly what is so special about her that she’s been connected like this with these specific girls.

My other theory is that the trains represent girls who have swapped or moved dimensions, but this doesn’t account for why Yeojin and Yves do not have trains attached to them. In fact, technically, thus far only Haseul and Go Won haven’t been seen to switch dimensions (though we can assume that Go Won will at some point). Kim Lip also makes this point blurry, as she only swaps dimensions through the Mobius strip and isn’t actually there.


The Girls’ Powers

It’s safe to say at this point that Loona are not normal girls. These are the powers (or quirks) that can be seen at this point.

Heejin
No known powers.

Hyunjin
Is interdimensional after the events of ‘Around You’. She does not jump dimensions like some of the other girls, but is able to be physically present for past, present, and future events in the timeline.

Haseul
No known powers, but seems to be aware that the Loona girls are different.  

Yeojin
No known powers.

ViVi
Has an odd eye circle, which presumably allows her to do something (as with Kim Lip’s, see below).  

Becomes an android at some point after the events of ‘new’.

Kim Lip
Has an odd eye circle. This allows her to view past the Mobius strip into the real world.

JinSoul
Has an odd eye circle. No specific powers can be seen to come of this as of yet.

Choerry
Has an odd eye circle.

Is able to jump dimensions. It is unclear if this is the doing of the odd eye circle or the consumption of the cherry in ‘Love Cherry Motion’.

Yves
Is able to jump dimensions.

Chuu
No known powers.

Go Won
No known powers.

It can be assumed that at some point Heejin, Haseul, Yeojin, Chuu, and Go Won will have their powers revealed.


Loona or The LOOΠΔ

One of the interesting things that BBC does is refer to Loona as The LOOΠΔ, as if they are their own specific group of people. Since they all have power, it can be assumed that they are. These are not just random girls in the timeline; there is something inherently different about all of these girls that makes them different from any other random person in the timeline.

It can be assumed that there is something that attracts these girls to one another. Haseul, Kim Lip, and Yves have all been shown to sense it. Choerry was distinctly in tune to Kim Lip’s presence in ‘Sweet Crazy Love’. That being said, why haven’t the other girls been shown to possess this ability? If Choerry was able to recognize Kim Lip, why couldn’t she sense that Yeojin and Haseul were also LOOΠΔ?

My main theory on this is that the leaders have some sort of knowledge that helps them. Kim Lip has hers from her odd eye circle. Yves has knowledge because she spent time in Eden. It’s unclear when Haseul gained this knowledge, but it has to happen sometime between ‘Sonatine’ and ‘The Carol’, as in ‘Heart Attack’ she gives a knowing look to Chuu.

For Choerry, she may be able to sense Kim Lip because they both have odd eyes, and cannot sense that power in Haseul and Yeojin because they do not have one.

At any rate, it is clear the girls are either not quite human (ViVi) or more than human (the rest), as their powers and dimension jumping shows. However, we do not know why they are different. God is an obvious conclusion, as the presence of Eden suggests, but that doesn’t explain ViVi being an android.

 I do have some thoughts on this, but I would like to think on them more before I rush to conclusions.



Thank you for reading! I hope to have at least ‘Cinema Theory’, if not the other relevant teasers, analyzed soon. I do not think that they will pose any major changes for the timeline, but I will update that if need be.

Before anyone asks, no, I have no real clue as to why ViVi is an android. I’m hoping as I look into the origin story for their powers and how they are The LOOΠΔ that I will figure something out, but right now I’m unsure.

Please stay tuned for part 4, which will hopefully be the teaser analysis. If Girl 12 comes first (which she may, I’m so swamped with school that I’m very behind on this), then she will be analyzed before the teasers.

As always, if you have any questions, thoughts, or concerns please feel free to let me know. 


See you next time!

Comments

  1. Yves has no direct connection with trains, but she does roam subway tunnels with those mystery boys in "new." There are a lot of scenes in the MV where she is up on top of buildings overlooking the world she is in, but also scenes where she is traveling what seems to be underground. I think Yves has been in all three (?) worlds and can move freely between them, despite being originally from Eden (?). She doesn't seem to need a map, because she knows the rails by heart, having explored them already and been lurking about, dropping apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello new favourite person.

      Thanks for pointing that out! Every time I post a new part to the theory I've realized that I've missed like 5 things.

      Cheers!
      Nine

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Loona Theory (Part 1 - Music Video Analysis)

So, I’ve gone back and forth on what to do for this Loona theory. Basically, with every new installment in the lore, I have to completely rework what I thought was going on. I’ve got a pretty good idea of some things though, so I’m going to be discussing those. This discussion will have an analysis of every single video on the music video playlist on loonatheworld. If Blockberry Creative said that every single music video is connected, then every single music video has to be discussed. I will also present a proposed timeline of events. Before I start, I should mention that at this point we know that there are at least three distinct worlds in the Loonaverse: the real world, the Odd Eye Circle world (which is highly connected to the real world through a Mobius strip), and Eden. Each girl can be distinctly seen in at least two worlds, and sometimes, either implicitly or explicitly, all three. Okay then, let’s begin. Heejin - ViViD When I first starte

The Ultimate LOONA Theory: yyxy "love4eva"

So I would have had this posted sooner but I am so livid. I am so livid because up until this point everything worked so well together. All the videos fit together in a very obvious way to me. Everything LOONA acted as various puzzle pieces that combined together with no hassle. While I put a lot of effort into my theory, I haven't had to change anything around. I've never had to change my line of thinking. Until now. With LOONA's third sub-unit, yyxy, I've had to rethink many things that I thought true about the Loonaverse, and I hate it. I absolutely HATE being wrong. I have lived my life being more or less right about everything that I have chosen to do. With this theory, I could handle being completely wrong about the entire thing because there's probably going to be no actual confirmation about the correctness about this. But for a tiny thing like this one video, I absolutely hate being wrong. With that being said, let's begin. In a random turn

XX and Butterfly (The Atrociously Late LOONA Theory Post)

Do you ever promise something with absolutely 0 hope of any follow through?  Well, that's been me with ever updating my poor LOONA theory. Its been 10 months since "Butterfly" was released, and I never did a follow up theory on it. Which has been awful for the one person who occasionally contacts me on my twitter asking for me to update. Well, here it is my friend. Sorry to have kept you waiting. Before I begin, I want to give you a little bit of an update of my life as to why this post hasn't happened. I've had all my notes since release, so there's very little room for an excuse, but I'm going to give you an excuse nonetheless. 2019 has been a year of immense change for me in my personal life. I've gone harder on the dating game since I actually have some semblance of order in my life now. I moved out of my parents house. Recently, I've started (or will start) a new job in the legal world. And my nails have never been longer so it