Skip to main content

Nine's Top 50 Songs of 2017 (Part 2)

Okay, so this is part 2 of this 5 part series where I tell you what my top 50 kpop songs of 2017.

Before I start, I realized that I fucked up and forgot to put I (Knew It) by Sonamoo anywhere in my top 50. I'm going to keep it like that, but just know that it should be somewhere in the top 15 because that song is a fucking jam.

Reminder that if a song was reviewed in my first half of the year list, I will link to that initial review.

40. Glass Shoes - fromis_9


So I already discussed this song here, but just know that I actually really like it, and have liked it more and more since I first listened to it. I wish that the dance was a little bit more thought out, and I feel like their vocals have been wasted, but whatever. This is only a pre-release, for whatever reason, so it doesn't have to be amazing. It will be interesting to see what Pledis (and probably Bumzu) do with this group. Like, seriously, was taking fromis as a group Pledis' way of saying thank you for all the hype Nu'est got after Produce 101.


39. Downpour - IOI

You can read my review of this song here.


38. Spring Day - BTS

You can read my review of this song here.


37. Heart Shaker - Twice

Twice killed it this year, and if you disagree you can kindly fight me. This song is pure fun, and all the girls have a chance to shine. The chorus is especially great. I think this is one of my favourite choruses in Twice's discography. It's catchy and simple and just plain awesome. The dance is also really cute and I love how Sana just goes for the kill. You have to love a song that asks the important questions.


36. Running - Pristin

You can read my review of this song here.


35. Archangels of the Sephiroth - Stellar

You can read my review of this song here.


34. Never - Nation's Sons (Produce 101)


You can read my review of this song here.


33. All Night - Girls' Generation

This song is everything I have wanted from GG and more. It's clean, funky, and their vocals come through. SNSD is an awesome group in that all of them are actually quite capable vocalists, and it comes through on this track. One of my favourite things that this song does is that each iteration of the chorus is built up a little more than the last; it makes for a nice effect that makes the more bombastic ending feel earned. Was Hyoyeon, Tiffany, and YoonA's rap necessary? Absolutely not but it wouldn't be a Girls' Generation title track without it.


32. A Girl Like Me - Gugudan


You can read my review of this song here.


31. Boy - The Boyz

I wish more boy group songs sounded like this. Sure, it's more of a generic sounding song, but I absolutely love it for that. Like 9 times out of 10 in kpop boy groups release some messy sounding shit, and this is absolutely not that. I love how sleek it sounds; there's hardly a bump between the verses and the chorus. I mean, the pre-chorus is a little weird, but it works so don't @ me. Do I know who any of them all besides Haknyeon? Absolutely not. But clearly this is a group to watch in the future if CreKer keeps them on this path.


So that's it for part 2. Do I care that half of these had their reviews done 6 months ago? Nope. Do I care that all the links go to the same part from my 6-month list? Nope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Loona Theory (Part 1 - Music Video Analysis)

So, I’ve gone back and forth on what to do for this Loona theory. Basically, with every new installment in the lore, I have to completely rework what I thought was going on. I’ve got a pretty good idea of some things though, so I’m going to be discussing those. This discussion will have an analysis of every single video on the music video playlist on loonatheworld. If Blockberry Creative said that every single music video is connected, then every single music video has to be discussed. I will also present a proposed timeline of events. Before I start, I should mention that at this point we know that there are at least three distinct worlds in the Loonaverse: the real world, the Odd Eye Circle world (which is highly connected to the real world through a Mobius strip), and Eden. Each girl can be distinctly seen in at least two worlds, and sometimes, either implicitly or explicitly, all three. Okay then, let’s begin. Heejin - ViViD When I first starte

The Ultimate LOONA Theory: yyxy "love4eva"

So I would have had this posted sooner but I am so livid. I am so livid because up until this point everything worked so well together. All the videos fit together in a very obvious way to me. Everything LOONA acted as various puzzle pieces that combined together with no hassle. While I put a lot of effort into my theory, I haven't had to change anything around. I've never had to change my line of thinking. Until now. With LOONA's third sub-unit, yyxy, I've had to rethink many things that I thought true about the Loonaverse, and I hate it. I absolutely HATE being wrong. I have lived my life being more or less right about everything that I have chosen to do. With this theory, I could handle being completely wrong about the entire thing because there's probably going to be no actual confirmation about the correctness about this. But for a tiny thing like this one video, I absolutely hate being wrong. With that being said, let's begin. In a random turn

XX and Butterfly (The Atrociously Late LOONA Theory Post)

Do you ever promise something with absolutely 0 hope of any follow through?  Well, that's been me with ever updating my poor LOONA theory. Its been 10 months since "Butterfly" was released, and I never did a follow up theory on it. Which has been awful for the one person who occasionally contacts me on my twitter asking for me to update. Well, here it is my friend. Sorry to have kept you waiting. Before I begin, I want to give you a little bit of an update of my life as to why this post hasn't happened. I've had all my notes since release, so there's very little room for an excuse, but I'm going to give you an excuse nonetheless. 2019 has been a year of immense change for me in my personal life. I've gone harder on the dating game since I actually have some semblance of order in my life now. I moved out of my parents house. Recently, I've started (or will start) a new job in the legal world. And my nails have never been longer so it