Skip to main content

Five Reasons Why Twice's "Likey" is Fantastic (And One Reason Why It's the Worst)

So Twice just released their new song “Likey” and it’s great. If you haven’t listened to it, I’ll hook you up fam just watch it here:



It’s so great, I’ve compiled a list of all the reasons why “Likey” is one of Twice’s best title tracks.

     1.     Sana gets the hook

Let’s face it, Sana has the voice for hook parts. She’s high-pitched and cute in a way that makes you want to sing along. She’s that stereotypical hot-cute girl that everyone loved and wanted to be in high school. I still aspire to that, I really do.

Sana is never going to be able to hold a song by herself; she simply doesn’t have the talent for it, but god knows that she SLAYS her one line parts, which is why she almost always gets the line that gets repeated over and over again. She simply nails it and when she says “me likey likey” I also likey likey.



     2.     Momo gets a dance break

      Momo needs to get a dance break in every Twice song from now on. She’s been incredibly underutilized in this aspect since “Like Ooh-Aah” (and, no, the dance break in “Cheer Up” doesn’t count), so it’s good to see her back where she belongs

      
      Also she’s hot as hell so that’s a plus.

     3.     Dahyun’s trap break down
      During the bride Dahyun and Chaeyoung get what’s otherwise a typical and bland rap break just so they have something to do. However, there’s a shining moment of glory when for a full 3 seconds the song goes full on trap and Dahyun gets the concept she was clearly born to do: ironic fuckboi.


      Also they dab, and as someone who still ironically dabs still I can really appreciate that.

     4.     The styling in general
     Outfit wise, I think this is probably the best that Twice has ever looked. I find that their stage outfits can be super costume-y, like I get that that’s the point but it looks way too put together. I really appreciate how casual all of their outfits look this comeback while still being put together and cohesive.


      Literally look at my daughters. Look at them. They look so comfy, which should be the aesthetic all k-pop fans should want for their favourite idols.

     5.     It follows the same formula as the accursed “TT”, but actually makes it good
     So for those of you unfamiliar with me as a human person, I consider “TT” to be one of the worst songs I have ever heard. I hate everything about it. I hate how it’s processed. I hate that stupid up and down electronic thing in the background the entire fucking song. I hate what they did to Momo’s voice. It’s just a bad song.

      
      Now, “Likey” follows the exact same song structure as “TT”. Listen to the two songs and you’ll see what I mean. However, “Likey” manages to do basically everything better than “TT”. The girls’ voices aren’t over processed to hell to make them sound cutesier. I mean, they still sound cute and all, but it’s better than “TT”. The hook is actually pleasant to listen to. The dance is good, the song is good, basically everything about “Likey” is good.

Unfortunately, “Likey” isn’t perfect. There’s one major issue with it that keeps it from being as amazing as it could be.

I WAS TRICKED BY THE LINE DISTRIBUTION!!!!!!

Queen Jungyeon has such a strong presence in the music video, and her lines are literal FIRE, that I made the assumption after a few listens that she was going to be one of the main contributors to the song. Like she was going to be top 5 in lines. But after seeing what the line distribution actually is, I’m not mad, just disappointed.



JYP does Jungyeon dirty again.

One of these days I’m going to actually fly to Korea and riot in front of the JYP building because they have this wonderful, beautiful, and talented girl and they do this shit to her every time.



Bullshit I say. Absolute bullshit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Loona Theory (Part 1 - Music Video Analysis)

So, I’ve gone back and forth on what to do for this Loona theory. Basically, with every new installment in the lore, I have to completely rework what I thought was going on. I’ve got a pretty good idea of some things though, so I’m going to be discussing those. This discussion will have an analysis of every single video on the music video playlist on loonatheworld. If Blockberry Creative said that every single music video is connected, then every single music video has to be discussed. I will also present a proposed timeline of events. Before I start, I should mention that at this point we know that there are at least three distinct worlds in the Loonaverse: the real world, the Odd Eye Circle world (which is highly connected to the real world through a Mobius strip), and Eden. Each girl can be distinctly seen in at least two worlds, and sometimes, either implicitly or explicitly, all three. Okay then, let’s begin. Heejin - ViViD When I first starte

The Ultimate LOONA Theory: yyxy "love4eva"

So I would have had this posted sooner but I am so livid. I am so livid because up until this point everything worked so well together. All the videos fit together in a very obvious way to me. Everything LOONA acted as various puzzle pieces that combined together with no hassle. While I put a lot of effort into my theory, I haven't had to change anything around. I've never had to change my line of thinking. Until now. With LOONA's third sub-unit, yyxy, I've had to rethink many things that I thought true about the Loonaverse, and I hate it. I absolutely HATE being wrong. I have lived my life being more or less right about everything that I have chosen to do. With this theory, I could handle being completely wrong about the entire thing because there's probably going to be no actual confirmation about the correctness about this. But for a tiny thing like this one video, I absolutely hate being wrong. With that being said, let's begin. In a random turn

XX and Butterfly (The Atrociously Late LOONA Theory Post)

Do you ever promise something with absolutely 0 hope of any follow through?  Well, that's been me with ever updating my poor LOONA theory. Its been 10 months since "Butterfly" was released, and I never did a follow up theory on it. Which has been awful for the one person who occasionally contacts me on my twitter asking for me to update. Well, here it is my friend. Sorry to have kept you waiting. Before I begin, I want to give you a little bit of an update of my life as to why this post hasn't happened. I've had all my notes since release, so there's very little room for an excuse, but I'm going to give you an excuse nonetheless. 2019 has been a year of immense change for me in my personal life. I've gone harder on the dating game since I actually have some semblance of order in my life now. I moved out of my parents house. Recently, I've started (or will start) a new job in the legal world. And my nails have never been longer so it